Newland Wood Access
Newland Wood Access Pty Ltd provides consultancy services with respect to accessibility for people with disabilities. Newland Wood Access has a team of qualified and accredited Access Consultants operating Australia wide.
Newland Wood offers a comprehensive service aimed at providing clients with practical and supportive advice on the provisions of access for people with disabilities to provide an inclusive environment for all.
Specialising in Building Code and Disability Standards compliance we offer a full range of services in relation access consultancy services. Our trained consultants are here to help with your scheme to ensure design concepts and client requirements can be balanced against compliance parameters. We can be involved from initial design concept, assisting in gaining approval, offering performance based solutions and aid you right through to completion.
Our services include:
- Performance/Alternative Solutions to demonstrate compliance against the Relevant Performance requirements of the Building Code of Australia.
- Design reviews against technical codes including the Disability (Access to Premises- Buildings) Standards), Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport, Disability Standards for Education, and the Building Code of Australia.
- Site Inspections to ascertain compliance against the Disability (Access to Premises- Buildings) Standards), Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport, Disability Standards for Education, and the Building Code of Australia.
- Livable Housing Assessments
- Adaptable Housing Assessments
- Changing Places Assessments
- Accessibility Reports for submission with DA documentation
- Site Access audits of existing buildings, transport facilities and public realm areas.
- Feasibility Studies & Audits
- Disability Action Plans – providing advice on development of strategies to meet your obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Access Management Plans
- Universal Design
We have knowledge of state specific legislation including (but not limited to):
- State Environmental Planning Policy 65 – Design Quality of Residential Apartment Development, NSW
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability) 2004, NSW
- Economic Development Queensland
- ACT Access & Mobility General Code